- 1992 B. S. Sanitary engineers, Medical School, University of Zagreb, Croatia
- 1994 B. S. Biology, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, University of Zagreb, Croatia
- 1997 M. S. Oceanology, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, University of Zagreb, Croatia (Thesis: “Application of bacterial SOS/umu-tests in genotoxicity evaluation of pollution mixtures and models substances”)
- 2002 Ph. D. Biology, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, University of Zagreb, Croatia (Thesis: “Stress proteins HSP70 in mussel Mytilus galloprovincialis Lamarck, 1819 as biomarkers of sea pollution”)
Participation in national research projects:
- Programmed biosynthesis and genotoxic risk assessment (Project no.0098114, R. Batel), -2006
- Ecotoxic effects of pollution on marine organisms (Project no. 0982705-2725, N. Bihari), 2007-2008
- Biomineralisation processes in marine organisms (Project no. 0982705-2727, D. Medaković), 2007-2010
- Impact of pollution on programmed biosynthesis in marine invertebrates (Project no. 0982705-2724, R. Batel), 2008-2012
Participation in national applied research projects
- Monitoring project: ”Systematic research of the Adriatic Sea as a base for a sustainable development of the Republic of Croatia, Project Adriatic” (coordinator N. Smodlaka), Sea water genotoxicity analysis using bacterial SOS/umu-test. 1998-
Research projects (principal investigator):
- Hamer B., D. Pavičić-Hamer, L. Semenčić and Ž. Jakšić, Effect of environmental factors (salinity and temperature) on M. galloprovincialis biological indicator of pollution of Adriatic Sea. (internal project of Project Adtiatic, director N. Smodlaka), 2004–2008. (Hamer et al. 2008. Aquatic Toxicology; Hamer et al. 2010. Acta Adriatica)
- Hamer B., M. Korlević and V. Nerlović, Genetic identification of mussel Mytilus spp. in the Adriatic Sea. Project Adriatic (2010). (Hamer et al. 2012. Cahiers de Biologie Marine)
- Croatian-German bilateral cooperation (coordinators: B. Hamer and H.C. Schröder) Carbonic anhydrase content/activity and biomineral formation in Mediterranean mussels and sponges, BMBF, (MOE 08/R55), 2008-2009.
- Croatian-Slovenian bilateral cooperation (coordinators: B. Hamer i T. Kanduč) Tracing of natural and anthropogenic impacts in marine ecosystem along Istrian Adriatic coast using Mediterranean mussel M. galloprovincialis. 2012-2013.
Study of Marine Sciences, University „Juraj Dobrila“ Pula and Center for Marine Research of „Ruđer Bošković“ Institute
- 2008-2011 Microbiology (5 ECTS): D. Fuks, B. Hamer
- 2008-2011 History of Marine Research (2 ECTS): R. Batel, B. Hamer
- 2010-2011 Biotests and biological monitoring of pollution (3 ECTS): B. Hamer
- 2009/2010 Biological effects of pollutants (5 ECTS): Ž. Jakšić, B. Hamer
- Hamer B., Korlević M., Durmiši E., Nerlović V. and Bierne N. (2012) Nuclear marker Me 15/16 analyses of Mytilus galloprovincialis populations along the eastern Adriatic coast. Cahiers de Biologie Marine 53(1): 35-44.
- Hamer B., Medaković D., Pavičić-Hamer D., Jakšić Ž., Štifanić M, Nerlović V., Travizi A., Precali R. and Kanduč T. (2010) Estimation of Freshwater Influx Along Eastern Adriatic Coast as a Possible Source of Stress for Marine Organisms. Acta Adriatica 51(2): 181-194.
- Hamer B., Ž. Jakšić, D. Pavičić-Hamer, L. Perić, D. Medaković, D. Ivanković, J. Pavičić, C. Zilberberg, H.C. Schröder, W.E.G. Müller, N. Smodlaka and R. Batel (2008) Effect of hypoosmotic stress by low salinity acclimation of Mediterranean mussel Mytilus galloprovincialis on biological parameters used for pollution assessment. Aquatic Toxicology 89(3): 137-151.
- Hamer B., D. Pavičić-Hamer, W.E.G. Müller and R. Batel (2004) Stress-70 proteins in marine mussel Mytilus galloprovincialisas biomarkers of environmental pollution: a field study. Environment International 30(7): 873-882.
Membership in professional associations / societies
- Croatian Biological Society 1885
- Croatian Toxicological Society
- Croatian Genetic Society
- European Society for Comparative Physiology and Biochemistry (newESCB)
- The Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC)
Membership of organizing and scientific committees:
- Organizing committee School of Conservation Biology: 2005, 2006, 2007,
- Vice-chair School of Conservation Biology: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012,
- Organizing committee of the 9th Croatian Biological Congres, Rovinj, 2006,
- Scientific committee of the 10th Croatian Biological Congres, Osijek, 2009, 2012,
Journal Editorial Board Membership:
- African Journal of Agricultural Research(AJAR), 2006 – (http://www.academicjournals.org/ajar/)
- African Journal of Environmental Science and Technology(AJEST), 2007 – (http://www.academicjournals.org/ajest/)
DNA Sequence, Aquatic Toxicology, Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology, African Journal of Agricultural Research, African Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, African Journal of Food Science, Folia Zoologica, Ecological Indicators, African Journal of Microbiology Research, Biomarkers, Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology, Archives of Industrial Hygiene and Toxicology, PLoS Computational Biology, Chemosphere, Fresenius Environmental Bulletin, Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology, African Journal of Biotechnology.