- (2012) Crystal growth of different calcite morphologies in the presence of etidronic acid, supported by Schäfer-Kalk GmbH & Co. KG, PCC industry, Germany
- UKF international project (2011): Interactions of organic additives with calcite crystals of different morphologies
Awards and Achievements
- 2009. - Young Chemical Engineers Award of Croatian Society of Chemical Engineers for an outstanding scientific or professional contribution
- 2005. - Golden ARCA from the Association of Croatian Inventors (VIKER-Multifunctional Banch Scale Chemical Reactor made as a part of technological project: Development of an Adaptable Procedure for the Preparation of Precipitated Calcium Carbonate)
- 2005. - GENIUS CUP from the Association of Hungarian Inventors (VIKER)
- 2003/2004 - Rector's Award for the best student work,UniversityofZagreb, (Development of a Tutor Expert System: Thermal Comfort, a Synergy of Technical Disciplines)
M. Ukrainczyk, M. Gredičak, I. Jerić, D. Kralj, Interactions of salicylic derivatives with calcite crystals, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science 365 (2012) 296-307.
J. Kontrec, M. Ukrainczyk, V. Babić-Ivančić, D. Kralj, Synthesis of Calcium Carbonate by Semicontinuous Carbonation Method in the Presence of Dextrans, Croatica Chemica Acta 84 (2011) 25-32.
M. Ukrainczyk, J. Kontrec, D. Kralj, Precipitation of different calcite crystalmorphologies in the presence of sodium stearate, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science 329 (2009) 89-96.
M. Ukrainczyk, J. Kontrec, V. Babić-Ivančić, Lj. Brečević, D. Kralj, Experimentaldesign approach to calcium carbonate precipitation in a semicontinuous process, Powder Technology 171 (2007) 192-199.
V. Mrkić, M. Ukrainczyk, B. Tripalo, Applicability of moisture transfer Bi–Dicorrelation for convective drying of broccoli, Journal of Food Engineering 79 (2007) 640-646.
Membership in professional associations / societies
- Croatian Chemical Society
- Croatian Society of Chemical Engineers
- Croatian Systems Society
- Member of the Scientific and Organizing Committee for the 8th Meeting of Young Chemical Engineers held in Zagreb
- Member of Research Assistants Council of Ruđer Bošković Institute
Primary focused on precipitation processes and surface chemistry, particularly of calcium carbonate. Investigate crystal growth kinetics and mechanisms in the presence of additives. Also involved in applying mathematical modelling and statistical techniques in chemical and food engineering.