Ruder Boskovic Institute
Department of Molecular Biology
Laboratory for Genotoxic Agents
CV Majhen Dragomira.doc 130.50 kB
- 2008 Zagreb, Croatia, Faculty of Science, Unversity of Zagreb. PhD; Field of biochemistry and molecular biology
- 2005 Zagreb, Croatia, Faculty of Science, Unversity of Zagreb, Mr. Sc. ; Field of biology
- 2001 Zagreb, Croatia, Faculty of Science, Unversity of Zagreb, B. Sc. ; Field of molecular biology
postdoctoral project: Studying endocitosis of NGR retargeted adenoviral vectors
Assistant on postgraduate study:
- Faculty of Science, Zagreb; “Molecular basis of gene therapy”, assistant to principal lecturer dr Andreja Ambriovic Ristov;
- Faculty of food technology and biotechnology, Zagreb; “Gene therapy”, assistant to principal lecturer dr Andreja Ambriovic Ristov
- MajhenD, Calderon H, Chandra N, Fajardo CA, Rajan A, Alemany R, Custers J. Adenovirus-based vaccines for fighting infectious diseases and cancer: progress in the field. Hum Gene Ther. 2014 Apr;25(4):301-17.
- MajhenD, Stojanović N, Vukić D, Pichon C, Leduc C, Osmak M, Ambriović-Ristov A. Increased adenovirus Type 5 mediated transgene expression due to RhoB down-regulation. PLoS One. 2014 Jan 22;9(1):e86698.
- MajhenD, Richardson J, Vukelić B, Dodig I, Cindrić M, Benihoud K, Ambriović-Ristov A. The disulfide bond of an RGD4C motif inserted within the Hi loop of the adenovirus type 5 fiber protein is critical for retargeting to αv -integrins. J Gene Med. 2012 Dec;14(12):788-97.
- Majhen D, Stojanović N, Špeljko T, Brozovic A, De Zan T, Osmak M, Ambriović-Ristov A. Increased expression of the coxsackie and adenovirus receptor downregulates αvβ3 and αvβ5 integrin expression, reduces cell adhesion and migration. Life Sci. 2011. Life Sci. 2011 Aug 15;89(7-8):241-9.
- Majhen D, Brozovic A, Buger T, Gabrilovac J, Osmak M, Ambriović-Ristov A. Vincristine-resistant human laryngeal carcinoma cells demonstrate increased Rous sarcoma virus promoter activity. Life Sci. 2010 Oct 9;87(15-16):468-74.
- Majhen D, Nemet J, Richardson J, Gabrilovac J, Hajsig M, Osmak M, Eloit M, Ambriović-Ristov A. Differential role of alpha(v)beta(3) and alpha(v)beta(5) integrins in internalization and transduction efficacies of wild type and RGD4C fiber-modified adenoviruses. Virus Res. 2009 Jan;139(1):64-73.
- Majhen D, Gabrilovac J, Eloit M, Richardson J, Ambriović-Ristov A. Disulfide bond formation in NGR fiber-modified adenovirus is essential for retargeting to aminopeptidase N. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006 Sep 15;348(1):278-87.
- Majhen D, Ambriović-Ristov A. Adenoviral vectors--how to use them in cancer gene therapy? Virus Res. 2006 Aug;119(2):121-33.
Membership in professional associations / societies
- Member of “French Society for Cell and Gene Therapy”
- Member of “Croatian Association for Cancer Research”
- Member of “Croatian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology”
- Member of “Croatian Microbiology Society”
Awarded grants and fellowships:
- 2013-2014. Crucell Holland BV, The Netherlands, Experienced Researcher in the FP7 Marie Curie ITN ADVance program
- 2010-2012. CNRS UMR8203 IGR Villejuif, France; postdoctoral fellowship: Gaining Experience Grant, Unity Through Knowledge Fund
- 2010-2012. CNRS UMR8203 IGR Villejuif, France; Croatian Science Foundation Postdoctoral grant
- 2009. UMR 1161 Virologie INRA-AFSSA- ENVA, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire, Maisons Alfort, France; Boehringer Ingelheim travel grant
- 2007. INSERM U 524, Institute de Recherche sur le Cancer, Lille, France; Croatian Ministry of science fellowship
- 2006. . INSERM U 524, Institute de Recherche sur le Cancer, Lille, France; FEMS short term fellowship
- 2004. UMR 1161 Virologie INRA-AFSSA- ENVA, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire, Maisons Alfort,, France; French Embassy fellowship
- 2003. UMR 1161 Virologie INRA-AFSSA- ENVA, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire, Maisons Alfort, France; EMBO short term fellowship
Organisation skills, committees and boards:
- 2005-2010: representative of assistants of Department of Molecular biology at Assistant Council at Ruđer Bošković Institute, vice president of Assistant Council
- 2005-2006, 2007-2010: member of Board of postgraduate students association "Mreža mladih znanstvenika", MLAZ www.mlaz.net
- 2002-2003. coordinator of "Mladi istraživači", section of Croatian Biological Society
- 2007-2008. member of organizing committee of workshop: "Adenoviruses basic biology to gene therapy" www.hmd-cms.hr/adenoviruses/index.html
- 2007- 2014, Board member of "Festival of Conversation for Culture and Science" http://www.flow-festival.com/
- 2013-2014. member of organizing committee of summer school: "Power of Viral Vectors in Gene Therapy and Basic Science”, http://hmd-cms.hr/viral-vectors/