Piantanida-CV-150415.docx 51.77 kB
1992. - 1993. Diploma Thesis at the Faculty of Chemical Technology, University of Zagreb, Croatia, research group of Prof. Dr. sc. M. Šindler – Kulyk. Topic: photochemistry of heterocycles.
1993 – 1997. Master of Science (M.Sc.) Thesis, Faculty of Science, University of Zagreb, Croatia, research group of Dr. sc. M. Žinić. Topic: synthesis of heterocycles and interactions with nucleotides.
1997 – 2001. Dissertation, Faculty of Science, University of Zagreb, Croatia, research group of dr. sc. M. Žinić. Topic: organic synthesis of small molecules targeting DNA/RNA.
2012 – 2013. Leader on behalf of the Croatian side of the Croatian-Slovenian bilateral Project with Prof. Jurij Lah, Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Technology, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia “Interactions of small organic molecules with nucleic acids: Synthesis, structural features and thermodynamics”.
2012 – 2013. Leader on behalf of the Croatian side of the Croatian-German bilateral (DAAD 2012/2013.) Project with Prof. Dr. Frank Würthner “Design and synthesis of novel chiral cationic perylene bisimides and study of their interactions with DNA/RNA”.
2007 – 2012. Principal investigator of the Project “Design, synthesis and study of interactions of small molecules with DNA, RNA and proteins “; No 098-0982914-2918 financed by Ministry of Science, Education and Sport of Croatia.
2007 – 2012. Director of the Program “New small molecules targeting macromolecules of tumor and inflammatory processes” No: 0982914 financed by Ministry of Science, Education and Sport of Croatia.
2008 – 2010. Leader on behalf of Croatian side in the Croatian-German bilateral (DAAD 2009/2010.) Project “Design and synthesis of novel aryl--guanidiniocarbonyl-pyrroles, and study of their interactions with DNA/RNA”.
Awards and Achievements
The “Vladimir Prelog” Award of the Croatian Chemical Society and Pliva Ltd pharmaceutical industry for young organic chemists, 2002.
Associate Professor, Division of Biotechnology, University of Rijeka and Head of the Module 5 in the Ph.D. study “Medicinal Chemistry” on the University of Rijeka (founded 2008 in coop. with Ruđer Bošković Institute and GSK, Croatia). Lecturer at the School of Medicine; University of Zagreb, Ph.D. study “Biomedicine and Health”; course “Biological, Chemical and Biophysical Interactions of Small Molecules with Nucleic Acids”. Lecturer at the Ph.D. study of the Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Zagreb; course “Interactions of small molecules with nucleic acids”. Direct supervisor and/or mentor of 3 Ph.D. Theses and 7 B.Sc. Theses in collaboration with Faculty of Science, University of Zagreb.
- J. Wu, Y. Zou, W. Sicking, I. Piantanida, T. Yi, C. Schmuck, “A Molecular Peptide Beacon for the Ratiometric Sensing of Nucleic Acids” J. Am. Chem. Soc. , 134 (2012), 1958–1961
- L.-M. Tumir, I. Crnolatac, T. Deligeorgiev, A. Vasilev, S. Kaloyanova, M. Grabar Branilović, S. Tomić, I. Piantanida, “Kinetic differentiation between homo- and alternating AT-DNA by sterically restricted phosphonium dyes”, Chemistry, Eur. J., 18 (2012), 3859–3864.
- K. Klemm, M. Radić Stojković, G. Horvat, V. Tomišić, I. Piantanida, C. Schmuck; “Interactions of multicationic bis-guanidiniocarbonyl pyrrole receptors with double stranded nucleic acids: syntheses, binding studies and atomic force microscopy imaging”, Chemistry, Eur. J., 18 (2012) 1352–1363.
- M. Radić Stojković, S. Miljanić, K. Mišković, Lj. Glavaš-Obrovac, I. Piantanida; “The phenanthridine biguanides efficiently differentiate between dGdC, dAdT and rArU sequences by two independent, sensitive spectroscopic methods”, Mol. BioSyst., 7 (2011) 1753–1765.
- L. Hernandez-Folgado, D. Baretić, I. Piantanida, M. Marjanović, M. Kralj, T. Rehm, C. Schmuck; “Guanidiniocarbonyl-pyrrole-aryl derivatives: structure tuning for spectrophotometric recognition of specific DNA and RNA sequences and antiproliferative activity.”, Chemistry, Eur. J., 16 (2010) 3036.
- M. Hranjec, I. Piantanida, M. Kralj, L. Šuman, K. Pavelić, G. Karminski-Zamola; “Novel Amidino-Substituted Thienyl- and Furylvinylbenzimidazole: Derivatives and Their Photochemical Conversion into Corresponding Diazacyclopenta[c]fluorenes. Synthesis, Interactions with DNA and RNA, and Antitumor Evaluation. 4.”; J. Med. Chem., 51 (2008) 4899.
- K. Starčević, G. Karminski-Zamola, I. Piantanida, M. Žinić, L. Šuman and M. Kralj; “Photoinduced switch of a DNA/RNA inactive molecule into a classical intercalator.”; J. Am. Chem. Soc., 127 (2005) 1074.
- L.-M. Tumir, I. Piantanida, I. Juranović, Z. Meić, S. Tomić, M. Žinić; “Recognition of homo-polynucleotides containing adenine by phenanthridinium bis-uracil conjugate in aqueous media.”; Chem. Commun., (2005) 2561.
- I. Juranović, Z. Meić, I. Piantanida, L.-M. Tumir, M. Žinić, "Interactions of phenanthridinium-nucleobase conjugates with polynucleotides in aqueous media. Recognition of poly U"; Chem. Commun., (2002) 1432-3.
Membership in professional associations / societies
Croatian Chemical Society
Croatian Society of Chemical Engineers and Technologists