- 2018: Ph.D. in Physics, University of Naples “Federico II” and University Paris-Saclay (joint international agreement), summa cum laude. Thesis: Clustering in light nuclear systems: a multi-method approach. Mentors: Dr. Ivano Lombardo (University of Naples “Federico II”), Prof. Mariano Vigilante (University of Naples “Federico II) and Dr. Giuseppe Verde (University Paris-Saclay).
- 2014: Master Degree in Physics, University of Catania, summa cum laude. Thesis: Studio della struttura a cluster di 10Be e 16C tramite break-up indotto su target CH2/CD2 ai LNS. Mentors: Prof. Francesca Rizzo (University of Catania), Dr. Ivano Lombardo (University of Naples “Federico II”) and Giuseppe Cardella (INFN – Catania).
- 2012: Degree in Physics, University of Catania, summa cum laude. Thesis: Studio della Reazione Nucleare 19F(p,α)16O a basse energie incidenti (0.540MeV ≤Ep≤1.034MeV). Mentors: Prof. Francesca Rizzo (University of Catania), Dr. Ivano Lombardo (University of Naples “Federico II”).
- 2009: High school leaving qualification in scientific studies, Liceo Scientifico e Linguistico Statale “Principe Umberto di Savoia” di Catania, highest score.
Nagrade i priznanja
- “Claudio Villi” Prize of the Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare (INFN) for the best PhD thesis on nuclear physics subjects defended at Italian universities during the year 2018.
- The paper D. Dell'Aquila et al., Phys. Rev. Lett. 119 (2017) 132501 has been the object of a ViewPoint in Physics: O. Kirsebom, Physics 10 (2017) 103.
- The paper D. Dell'Aquila et al., Phys. Rev. Lett. 119 (2017) 132501 has been selected as Editor’s suggestion in Physical Review Letters.
- “Operosità Scientifica – Giovanni Polvani” Prize of the Società Italiana di Fisica SIF, 26/09/2016.
- “Migliore Comunicazione” Prize (First Classified) for the “101° Congresso Nazionale della Società Italiana di Fisica SIF” conference in the Nuclear and Particle Physics session.
- First classified in the Ph.D (XXX Cycle) in Physics at University of Catania (2014) admission examination. Score: 114/120.
- Second classified in the Ph.D (XXX Cycle) in Physics at University of Naples “Federico II” (2014) admission examination. Score: 94.7/100.
- First classified in the national competitive examination for INFN scholarship at LNS for Master degree students 2013/2014. Score: 95.11/100.
- First classified in the competitive examination for tutoring activities in Classical Physics course, 1st degree in Physics, University or Catania.
- The paper I. Lombardo D. Dell'Aquila, L. Campajola, E. Rosato, G. Spadaccini and M. Vigilante, J. Phys. G: Nucl. Part. Phys. 40 (2013) 125102, has been selected as 2013 Highlight by the Journal of Physics G: Nuclear and Particle Physics journal board.
- “Giovanni Raciti” Prize for the best Thesis and CV in Physics of the University of Catania in the Academic Year 2011/2012.
- Grant for the master degree thesis given by the ERSU for the academic year 2013/2014.
- Grant for the first degree thesis given by the ERSU for the academic year 2011/2012.
- D. Dell’Aquila et al., Non-linearity effects on the light-output calibration of light charged particles in CsI(Tl) scintillator crystals, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research A: Accelerators Spectrometers Detectors and Associated Equipment 929 (2019) 162 (corresponding author). doi: 10.1016/j.nima.2019.03.065.
- D. Dell'Aquila et al., OSCAR: a new modular device for the identification and correlation of low energy particles, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research A: Accelerators Spectrometers Detectors and Associated Equipment 877 (2018) 227 (corresponding author).
- D. Dell'Aquila et al., High-precision probe of the fully sequential decay width of the Hoyle state in 12C, Physical Review Letters 119 (2017) 132501 (corresponding author).
- D. Dell'Aquila et al., New experimental investigation of the structure of 10Be and 16C by means of intermediate-energy sequential breakup, Physical Review C 93 (2016) 024611 (corresponding author).
- 01/04/2019 – present: Post-Doctoral fellow at the Ruđer Bošković Institute, Zagreb, Croatia.
- 01/11/2017 – 31/03/2019: Research Associate at the Michigan State University – National Superconducting Cyclotron Laboratory, East Lansing, Michigan, U.S.A.
Invited talk at international conferences
- Fourth International Workshop on “State of the Art in Nuclear Cluster Physics” (SOTANCP4), Galveston, Texas (USA), May 13-18 2018.
- The 9th European Summer School on Experimental Nuclear Astrophysics, Santa Tecla (CT), Italy, September 17-24 2017.
- XIIth Workshop on Particle Correlations and Femtoscopy (WPCF 2017), Amsterdam, Netherlands, June 12-16 2017.
- 40th Symposium on Nuclear Physics, Cocoyoc (Mexico), 04 – 07 January 2017.
- Zimányi School 2016, Winter School on Heavy Ion Physics, Budapest (Hungary), 05 – 09 December 2016.
- Zimányi School 2015, Winter School on Heavy Ion Physics, Budapest (Hungary), December 07-11 2015.
Contributed talks at international conferences
- XXth Colloques GANIL 2017, Amboise (France), October 15-20 2017.
- Nuclear Physics in Astrophysics VIII, Catania (Italy), June 18-23 2017.
- EPS Divisional Conference: Towards EURISOL Distributed Facility 2016, Leuven (Belgium), October 18-21 2016.
- Zakopane Conference on Nuclear Physics, Zakopane (Poland), August 28 – September 4 2016.
- The 2016 R-Matrix Workshop on Methods and Applications, Santa Fe (NM, USA), June 27 – July 1 2016.
- Cluster'16 - 11th International Conference on Clustering Aspects of Nuclear Structure and Dynamics, Napoli (Italy), May 23-27 2016.
- International Workshop on Multi facets of Eos and Clustering 2016, Caen (France), May 9-12 2016.
- The 8th European Summer School on Experimental Nuclear Astrophysics, Santa Tecla (Italia), September 13-20 2015.
- Nucleus Nucleus 2015, Catania, June 21-26 2015.
- 14th International Conference on Nuclear Reaction Mechanisms, Varenna (Italia), June 15-19, 2015.
- EURORIB '15, Hohenroda (Germany), June 9-13 2015.
- Nuclear Physics in Astrophysics VII, York (UK), May 18-22 2015 (poster presentation).