Rudjer Innovations Ltd.
Rudjer Innovations Ltd. is a company specializing in the commercialization of innovations and technology transfer owned by the Ruđer Bošković Institute. It is a type of link connecting science and technology with business and industry. Rudjer Innovations Ltd. was established in 2006, with the full support of the Croatian Government and World Bank, in order to promote cooperation and partnership of research institutions, universities and innovators with commercial companies.
It is open to the scientific community, researchers and innovators, whom it assists in the commercialization of innovations and the results of scientific research, as well as companies that want to apply the knowledge of the scientific community in their operations.
Ruđer inovacije d.o.o.
Bijenička 113, 10000 Zagreb, Hrvatska
phone: +385 1 2360 111
fax: +385 1 2347 811
The activities of Rudjer Innovations include finding and evaluating intellectual property, protecting intellectual property rights and helping to choose and implement suitable commercialization models (licensing, the establishment of spin-off companies, joint ventures).
Rudjer Innovations provides consulting services on technology transfer, closing business contracts, and the financing of innovations and projects. Its aim is to assist Croatian innovators and scientists, and to make their knowledge as competitive as possible on the world market.
- to promote a culture of innovation and raise awareness of the benefits of commercializing scientific projects and innovations
- to raise awareness of the importance of protecting intellectual property
- to develop various forms of cooperation between scientific institutions and industry
- to increase the demand in the business sector for research and development at the RBI
- to facilitate the transfer of technology and innovations from the RBI to manufacturing firms
- to encourage academic and innovative entrepreneurship
- to support knowledge-based businesses in their development from the initial stage to the growth phase
- Finding and Assessing Intellectual Property
- searching patent databases
- technological assessment
- market assessment
- preparation of feasibility studies
- Procedure for the Protection of Intellectual Property
- selection of the most appropriate form of protection
- writing patent applications
- covering protection costs
- legal assistance
- Commercialization of Intellectual Property
- marketing strategy and partner selection
- selecting the optimal type of commercialization
- negotiating, writing and executing contracts
- establishing spin-off companies
- preparing business plans
- seed capital
- project management
- Later Phases of Commercialization
- finding additional sources of financing
- monitoring compliance with contracts
- collecting fees and revenues, and the distribution thereof
Benefits of Cooperation
- For Companies:
- better, faster and cheaper research and development
- applications of new technologies and innovations developed in cooperation with science
- creation of competitive advantages on the market
- For Scientists:
- compensation from the licensing of intellectual property
- compensation from cooperation with industry (sponsored research projects, joint ventures, scholarships)
- compensation from various consulting services (expert assessment, data analysis, servicing, testing and analysis)
- share of ownership in spin-off and start-up companies
Rudjer Innovations is open to providing advice and assistance in the commercialization of innovations.