Centre for Informatics and Computing
The Center for Informatics and Computing is a organizational unit of the Ruđer Bošković Institute in which research projects, development programs and services for scientists are performed in the fields of optoelectronics, information technology and computing.
Visit us at: https://cir.com.hr/
Mission: Scientific research, development and maintenance of the infrastructure, technology and logistics for contemporary multidisciplinary (RBI) and multi-institutional (global) scientific research, based on modern computer science, technologies, informatics, which have resulted in the development of eScience technologies on the basis of Science Information Communication Technology—ICST.
- Scientific Research: advance the state of the art in eScience and develop new technologies, providing research grants at the national and international level;
- Transfer of technology: support scientific community and transfer of technology from scientific realm to the industry and government, while supporting the growth of SMEs and large enterprises in Croatia;
- Consultations and maintain resources: provide know-how and expertise on eScience, maintain HPC, CLOUD, GRID resources and support industry with an access to advanced computing facilities and expertise;
- Education and training: implementation of educational activities in EU educational networks and conferences of local and global scale;
- Innovation and exploitation activities: support innovative and creative activities, transfer of technology and to provide expertise to industry and government to support the economic growth;
- Networking and dissemination: Aiming to create national and EU strategic partnerships with academic and industry.