Centre for Informatics and Computing
The Center for Informatics and Computing is a organizational unit of the Ruđer Bošković Institute in which research projects, development programs and services for scientists are performed in the fields of optoelectronics, information technology and computing.
Mission: Scientific research, development and maintenance of the infrastructure, technology and logistics for contemporary multidisciplinary (RBI) and multi-institutional (global) scientific research, based on modern computer science, technologies, informatics, which have resulted in the development of eScience technologies on the basis of Science Information Communication Technology—ICST.
- Scientific Research: advance the state of the art in eScience and develop new technologies, providing research grants at the national and international level;
- Transfer of technology: support scientific community and transfer of technology from scientific realm to the industry and government, while supporting the growth of SMEs and large enterprises in Croatia;
- Consultations and maintain resources: provide know-how and expertise on eScience, maintain HPC, CLOUD, GRID resources and support industry with an access to advanced computing facilities and expertise;
- Education and training: implementation of educational activities in EU educational networks and conferences of local and global scale;
- Innovation and exploitation activities: support innovative and creative activities, transfer of technology and to provide expertise to industry and government to support the economic growth;
- Networking and dissemination: Aiming to create national and EU strategic partnerships with academic and industry.