Bijenicka 54, HR-10000 Zagreb, Croatia
PhD in natural sciences (chemistry)
Faculty of Science, Department of Chemistry, University of Zagreb, Aug 2004 - Jul 2008,
“Incorporation of selected dopands in the structure of mullite, gahnite and indium oxide”
Graduate engineer diploma in chemistry (equivalent to Ms. in chemistry)
Faculty of Science, Department of Chemistry, University of Zagreb, Oct 1996 - May 2002
2015-2019: PI on Project for the education of doctoral students, Croatian Science Foundation (HRZZ), Grant for employment of PhD student
2014-2015: PI on bilateral project between China and Croatia: “Oxide materials for next generation Li-ion batteries“
2013-2014: PI on bilateral project between Germany and Croatia:“Nanoporous multifunctional materials–Toward novel multiferroics”
2014-2015: PI on bilateral project between Austria and Croatia: “Nanocrystal oxide materials of transitional metals: microwave synthesis and structural properties“
Awards and Achievements
2013. Award of Director RBI Award
2012. Annual Director RBI Award
2011. Special Mention Award, 44th International School of Crystallography, Italia.
2010. CNR mobility grant for research visit to Institute of Crystallography Bari, Italia.
1. Bijelić,M; Liu,X; Djurišić, A; Xie,M; Ng,A; Suchomski, C; Djerdj, I; Skoko, Ž; Popović*, J. Long cycle life of CoMn2O4 lithium ion battery anodes with high crystallinity. Journal of Materials Chemistry A. 3 (2015)
Popović, J., Vrankić, M.; Jurić, M.; Tuning the Microstructure of γ-Ba4Nb2O9 Polymorph
Prepared from Single-Molecular Precursor. Crystal Growth and design, (2013)
Djerdj, I; Popović, J; Stare, J; Ambrožić, G; Škapin, S; Kozlevčar B; Pajić, D; Jagličić, Z; Crnjak Orel, Z.
Nanocrystalline hybrid inorganic-organic one-dimensional chain systems tailored with 2 and 3-phenyl rings monocarboxylic acids Journal of materials chemistry. 22 (2012) 20 10255-10265
Skoko, Zeljko; Popović, Jasminka; Dekanić, Krešimir; Kolbas, Vladimir; Popović, Stanko.
XBroad-program for extracting basic microstructure information from XRD pattern in few clicks. Journal of applied crystallography. 45 (2012) 594-597
Membership in professional associations / societies
- One of founders of Croatian Crystallographic Association, treasurer
- Member of Organizing Committee "29th European Crystallographic Meeting, Rovinj, 2015" (more than 1000 participants)
- Co-chair of the international school "Hot topic in Contemporary Crystallography", Šibenik, 2014
- Chair of the international school "3rd European Crystallography school", Bol, 2015