Dr. Jasminka Popović
2008 PhD in natural sciences (chemistry)
Faculty of Science, Department of Chemistry, University of Zagreb, Aug 2004 - Jul 2008
2002 Graduate engineer diploma in chemistry (equivalent to Ms. in chemistry)
Faculty of Science, Department of Chemistry, University of Zagreb, Oct 1996 - May 2002
Principal investigator on projects:
- 2019-2023 "Exploring 2D and quasi 2D perovskites: from rational structural design to enhanced stability" (Croatian Science Foundation)
- 2015-2017 „Metal-Hydride Organic Frameworks (HOF) - new solids for gas adsorption and separation“ (Swiss National Science Foundation)
- 2015-2019 „Project for the education of doctoral students, Croatian Science Foundation, Grant for employment of PhD student
- 2016-2017 “High performance anodes based on Mn-spinel structures, bilateral project with China
- 2014-2015 “Oxide materials for next generation Li ion batteries“, bilateral project with China
- 2014-2015 “Nanocrystal oxide materials of transition metals: microwave synthesis and structural properties", bilateral project with Austria
- 2013-2014 “Nanoporous multifunctional materials – Toward novel multiferroics”, bilateral project with Germany (DAAD)
- 2016 “Structural and magnetic properties of selected spinel materials”, project of Croatian Academy for Science and Arts
- 2015 “Mn-spinels for application in Li-ion battery", project of Croatian Academy for Science and Arts
- 2014 “Nanocrystalline metal oxides: Microwave synthesis and structural characterisation””, project of Croatian Academy for Science and Arts
- 2013 “XBroad – program for X-ray broadening analysis”, project of Croatian Academy for Science and Arts
Associate on projects:
- 2016.-2018. “Biocompatible nanoparticles with enhanced therapeutic efficacy of flavonoids in food products”, BICRO project, PI: Suzana Šegota
- 2015-2018 “Acrobatics of molecular crystals-thermosalient materials for new actuators”, Croatian Science foundation, PI: Željko Skoko
- 2015-2019 “Novel metal organic systems with oxalate and quinpnic ligands for advanced application”, Croatian Science foundation, PI: Krešimir Molčanov
- 2013-2015 „Multifunctional complex metal tellurates: Structure-property relationship study”, Unity through knowledge fund; PI: Igor Đerđ
- 2013-2014 “New organic-inorganic hybrid materials: elucidation of structure by XRPD and DFT”, Croatian-French (COGITO) bilateral project, PI: Igor Đerđ
Awards and Achievements
- 2018 Annual RBI Director’s Award for 2017.
- 2016 Best Lecture Award, 23rd Serbian Crystallographic Meeting, Fruška gora, Serbia
- 2016 Annual RBI Director’s Award for 2015.
- 2014 Annual RBI Director’s Award for 2013.
- 2013 Annual RBI Director’s Award for 2012.
- 2011 Special Mention Award, 44th International School of Crystallography, Erice, Italy.
- 2011 Best poster Award, 44th International School of Crystallography, Erice, Italy
- 2010 CNR mobility grant for research work at Institute of Crystallography Bari, Italy
- 2004 Best poster Award; 9th International Workshop of Crystallography, Assiut, Egypt
Tam, Ho Won; Leung, Tik Lun; Sun, Wenting; Liu, Fangzhou; Ma, Chao; Kam, Chun Sing; Lončarić, Ivor; Grisanti, Luca; Ovčar, Juraj; Skoko, Željko, Popović, Jasminka*; Djurisic, Aleksandra* Phase control for quasi-2D blue emitters by spacer cation engineering Journal of Materials Chemistry C (2020) doi:10.1039/d0tc01631d
Leung, Tik Lun; Tam, Ho Won; Liu, Fangzhou; Lin, Jingyang; Ng, Alan Man Ching; Chan, Wai Kin; Chen, Wei; He, Zhubing; Lončarić, Ivor; Grisanti, Luca; Ma, Chao; Wong, Kam Sing; Lau, Ying Suet; Zhu, Furong; Skoko, Željko; Popović, Jasminka*; Djurišić, Aleksandra B*. Mixed Spacer Cation Stabilization of Blue‐Emitting n = 2 Ruddlesden–Popper Organic–Inorganic Halide Perovskite Films Advanced optical materials, 11 (2019) 1901679.
Burazer, Sanja; Morelle, Fabrice; Filinchuk, Yaroslav; Černý, Radovan; Popović, Jasminka*; Mixed-Metal Imidazolates Containing Alkali and Alkaline Earth Metals: Mechanochemical Synthesis and Crystal Structure of AMgIm3 (A = Na or K). Inorganic Chemistry 58 (2019) 10; 6927-6933.
Popović, Jasminka*; Jurić, Marijana; Pajić, Damir; Vrankić, Martina; Zavašnik, Janez; Habjanič, Jelena; Effect of the Cation Distribution and Microstructure on the Magnetic Behavior of the CoMn2O4 Oxide. Inorganic chemistry 56 (2017) 7; 3983-3989.
Wong, Man Kwong; Liu, Fangzhou; Kam, Chun Sing; Leung, Tik Lun; Tam, Ho Won; Djurišić, Aleksandra*.; Popović, Jasminka*; Li, Hangkong; Shih, Kaimin; Low, Kam-Hung et al.; Synthesis of Lead-Free Perovskite Films by Combinatorial Evaporation: Fast Processes for Screening Different Precursor Combinations. Chemistry of Materials 29 (2017) 23; 9946-9953.
Sun, Qian; Bijelić, Mirjana; Djurišić, Aleksandra B; Suchomski, Christian; Liu, Xiang; Xie, Maohai; Ng, Alan M C; Kong Li, Hang; Shih, Kaimin; Burazer, Sanja, Popović, Jasminka*; Graphene-oxide-wrapped ZnMn2O4 as a high performance lithium-ion battery anode. Nanotechnology 28 (2017) 45; 455401, 8
Valant, Matjaz; Popović, Jasminka; Vrčon Mihelj, Mojca; Burazer, Sanja; Altomare, Angela; Moliterni, Anna; Oxide crystal structure with square-pyramidally coordinated vanadium for integrated electronics manufactured at ultra-low processing temperatures. ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering 5 (2017) 7; 5562-5568.
Bijelić, Mirjana; Liu, Xiang; Sun, Q.; Đurišić, Aleksandra; Xie, Mao Hai; M. C. Ng, Alan; Suchomski, Christian; Đerđ, Igor; Skoko, Željko; Popović, Jasminka*; Long cycle life of CoMn2O4 lithium ion battery anodes with high crystallinity. Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 3 (2015) 28; 14759-14767.
Hu, D.; Han, B.; Deng, S.; Feng, Z.; Wang, Y.; Popović, Jasminka; Nuskol, Marko; Wang, Y.; Djerdj, Igor; Novel mixed phase SnO2 nanorods assembled with SnO2 nanocrystals for enhancing gas-sensing performance toward isopropanol gas. Journal of Physical Chemistry. C, 118 (2014) 18; 9832-9840.
Popović, Jasminka*; Vrankić, Martina; Jurić, Marijana; Tuning the Microstructure of γ‑Ba4Nb2O9 Polymorph Prepared from Single-Molecular Precursor. Crystal Growth & Design, 13 (2013) 5 2161-2165.
Skoko, Željko; Popović, Jasminka*; Dekanić, Krešimir; Kolbas, Vladimir; Popović, Stanko; XBroad-program for extracting basic microstructure information from XRD pattern in few clicks. Journal of Applied Crystallography 45 (2012) 594-597.
Membership in professional associations / societies
- Chair of EPDIC17 (www.epdic17.org)
- One of founders of the Croatian Association of Crystallographers (http://hrvatska-udruga-kristalografa.hr/?lang=en)
- Treasurer of the Croatian Association of Crystallographers
- Member of Organizing Committee of the 29th European Crystallographic Meeting, Rovinj 2015. (> 1000 participants)
- Treasurer of the 29thEuropean Crystallographic Meeting Organizing Committee
- Co-chair of Hot topics in Contemporary Crystallography (HTTC), Šibenik, Croatia, 2014
- Chair of the 3rd European Crystallographic School (ECS3), Bol, Croatia, 201(http://ecs3.ecanews.org/HOME.html)
- Member of Scientific committee of the 2rd European Crystallography school (ECS2), Oveido, Španjolska, 2015
- Invited participant of the German-Croatian Forum, Federal Foreign Office, Auswärtiges Amt Berlin, Jan 2014.
- Member of Organizing Committee of the international school,Hot topics in Contemporary Crystallography 2(HTTC2), Poreč, Croatia, 2017
- Member of Organizing Committee of the 24th Croatian-Slovenian Crystallographic Meeting (CSCM24), Bol, 2016
- Member of Organizing Committee of the 22nd Croatian-Slovenian Crystallographic Meeting (CSCM22), Biograd, 2013.
- Member of Organizing Committee of the 20th Croatian-Slovenian Crystallographic Meeting (CSCM20), Baška, 2011.
Laboratory for synthesis and crystallography of functional materials web page: https://jasminkapopovic5.wixsite.com/crystfunctmatter