Ship ballast water is an important vector for the transfer of alien, invasive alien and toxic species as well as pathogens across natural barriers.
Their harmfulness is manifested in ecosystem disturbances and/or negative impact on human health and/or economy (tourism, fishery and mariculture). Climate changes will improve the success of adaptation of introduced organisms, which will further increase the scale of their impact.
The aim of the project “Development of system for control and protection from introduction of alien species”, acronym ProtectAS (Protect Adriatic Sea), is the development of port control and protection systems against potential introduction of organisms which will reduce the vulnerability of the coastal area to climate change.
- dr. sc. Daniela Marić Pfannkuchen
- dr. sc. Ana Baričević
- Denis Škalic
- doc. dr. sc. Marijana Pećarević, SVEUČILIŠTE U DUBROVNIKU ODJEL ZA AKVAKULTURU
- Izv. prof. Dalibor Carević, SVEUČILIŠTE U ZAGREBU GRAĐEVINSKI FAKULTET
- Izv. prof. dr. sc. Darija Vukić Lušić, NASTAVNI ZAVOD ZA JAVNO ZDRAVSTVO PRIMORSKO – GORANSKE ŽUPANIJE
- Prof. dr. sc. Renato Ivče, SVEUČILIŠTE U RIJECI, POMORSKI FAKULTET