Improvement of adhesive properties of biomedical materials by plasma treatment
The binding capacity of plasma treated biopolymer materials which are used in medicine (e.g. artificial implants) are investigated. Samples of polymers are functionalized by treatment in plasma and then coated with different human cells or blood cells. The dependence of leukocytes and osteosarkoma cells adhesion on polymers versus plasma parameters are studied, as well as their mutual influence.
- Alenka Vesel, PhD, Associate Professor, Jozef Stefan Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia (Principal investigator)
- Prof. Miran Mozetic, Jozef Stefan Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Ita Junkar, PhD, Jozef Stefan Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Prof. Neven Zarkovic, MD, Senior Scientist
- Lidija Milkovic, PhD student
- Ana Cipak Gasparovic, PhD, Research Associate