Qua/Qua Protein: Qualitative and Quantitative Protein Analysis in Medicine and Biotechnology Industry
- Project Partner: Conscius d.o.o.
- Project aim: to synthesize a reagent for sample preparation for MS (mass spectrometry) analysis, which would enable the original "all-in-one" quantitative and qualitative analysis of proteins for industry and biomedical sciences
- Project results: patent application of innovative reagent, published scientific papers
- Project activities: synthesis of innovative reagent, development of innovative software, transfer of knowledge and technology, and dissemination; project management, and promotion and visibility
- Total value of the Project: 8,101,868.26 HRK
- Amount of EU support: 6,799,224.28 HRK
- Project implementation period: December 2020 - December 2023
The possibility of synthesis of reagents for sample preparation for MS analysis will be investigated, which would enable original "all-in-one" quantitative and qualitative analysis of proteins for the needs of industry and biomedical sciences. While scientific publications would describe the basics of the concept, the synthesis process itself would be patented. The importance of cooperation would be manifested through the development of software for the interpretation of the MS analysis results, the accuracy of which would be gradually improved depending on the success of reagent synthesis. The concept confirmed by the project would later enable the development of an advanced Qua/Qua service-in-the-cloud, as well as a software-as-a-service version for many Q-TOF MS users.
The Project was co-financed by the European Union from the European Regional Development Fund.
The contents of this publication are the sole responsibility of the Ruđer Bošković Institute.