Chiral stationary phases
We are well aware of the fact that the age of racemate in design of new drugs and other bioactive compounds is behind us. The enhanced demand for enantiomerically pure compounds has led to the development of a variety of enantioselective separation methods. Nowadays, in the heart of intensive research stays liquid chromatography which use chiral stationary phases (CSPs).
Presently Laboratory CATBIO owns many original CSPs of Pirkle-type and the best phases of polysaccharide type, known as the most universal and the most used CSPs. It is important to accentuate that these two types of chiral phases are the most suitable for preparative chromatographic separations. Through the collaboration with Chirallica d.o.o. (www.chirallica.hr) we are able to produce any of these phases in grams to kilos quantities in the short period. By working on evaluating of new chiral stationary phases we acquired a broad experience in chiral analysis.Selected Patents:
- V. Šunjić, D. Kontrec, V. Vinković, “Chiral stationary phases for enantiomers separation and their preparation”, WO 00/00464 (2000).
- D. Kontrec, V. Vinković, V. Šunjić, P. Mariotti, L. Navarini, “Chiral stationary phases based on derivatives of 4-amino-3,5-dinitrobenzoic acid”, WO 02/070124 A1 (2002).
- P. Mariotti, L. Navarini, L. Stucci, V. Vinković, V. Šunjić, “New derivatives of hyaluronan”, WO 02/098923 A1 (2002).
- I. Cepanec, H. Mikuldaš, V. Vinković, Z. Mikotić-Mihun, "A process for the preparation of enantiomerically pure atenolol", HR Patent 20000095A (2000).
- H. Mikuldaš, I. Cepanec, V. Vinković, "A process for the preparation of enantiomerically pure atenolol by chromatography on chiral stationary phases", HR Patent 20020571A (2002).
- M. Filipan, M. Litvić, I. Cepanec, V. Vinković, “Resolution of (R,S)-2-(2-aminoetoxymethyl)-3-etoxycarbonyl-4-(2-chlorophenyl)-5-metoxycarbonyl-6-methyl-1,4-dihidropyridine catalyzed with lipases”, HR Patent 20040520A (2004).
- M. Litvić, I. Cepanec, M. Filipan, K. Kos, V. Vinković, "A process for the preparation of enantiomerically pure (R or S)-2-(2-N-phtalymido)etoxymethyl-3-etoxycarbonyl-4-(2-chlorophenyl)-5-methoxycarbonyl-6-methyl-1,4-dihydropyridine by racemate separation on chiral stationary phases”, HR Patent 20040639 (2004).
- G. Landek, D. Kontrec, V. Vinković, "New Chiral Stationary Phases for Chromatography Based on Aromatic Allyl Amines", HR Patent P2080102A (2008)
- V. Vinković, D. Kontrec, M. Roje, V. Šunjić, D. Franić, "Separation of BINAPO enantiomers using SMB chromatography", (2008)
- V. Vinković, D. Kontrec, G. Landek, "New chiral stationary phases for chromatography based on aromatic allyl amines", (2010)