Dr. Jadranka Pečar Ilić
Ruđer Bošković Institute
- 1996-2001 Ph.D. Study at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing (FER), University of Zagreb, Department of Telecommunications. Ph.D. Thesis "Information System for Temporal and Spatial Presentation of Complex Data" in technical sciences, electrical engineering (telecommunications and informatics), completed at the Division for Marine and Environmental Research of the Ruđer Bošković Institute (RBI), defended at the Department of Telecommunications at FER, mentor-FER: Prof. dr. Z. Skočir, supervisor-IRB: Prof. dr. I. Ružić.
- 1991-1995 Postgraduate study at the FER, University of Zagreb, Department of Telecommunications. M. Sc. Thesis "Information System on Investigation of the Adriatic Sea" completed at the Division for Marine and Environmental Research of the RBI, defended at the Department of Telecommunications at FER, mentor-FER: Prof. dr. Z. Skočir, supervisor-IRB: Prof. dr. I. Ružić.
- 1985-1990 Nine-semester study at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering (presently FER), University of Zagreb. B.Sc. Thesis "Data Integrity in relational databases" defended at Department of Telecommunications, FER, mentor: Prof. dr. Z. Skočir.
- 1985 High School at the Mathematical and Informatical Educational Center (MIOC) in Zagreb accomplished with the highest grade.
Selected R&D Projects (leader/researcher)Croatian Science Foundation (HrZZ) projects:
- 2018-2022, Interdisciplinary project “Adapting Marine Finfish Aquaculture to a Changing Climate - AqADApt”, project leader (T. Klanjšček); J. Pečar Ilić, researcher, leader of SO5 in ICT group (Knowledge base design/setup: provide key scientific/expert knowledge in marine aquaculture domain; make accessible data/knowledge for relevant climate change scenarios)
- 2014-2017, Interdisciplinary project “Assessment of Carrying Capacity for Tourist in Nature Protected Areas - ACCTA”, project co-leaders (T. Legović, J. Pečar Ilić); J. Pečar Ilić, researcher (GIS group leader: Conceptual modeling for the management of environmental data and object-oriented GIS design)
- "Information Systems for environmental quality and risk assessment", Principal investigators: dr. J. Pečar-Ilić (2009-2014); prof. dr. I. Ružić (2007-2008)
- "Networked Economy", Umrežena ekonomija, Principal investigator: prof.dr. Z. Skočir (Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing, University of Zagreb, 2007-2013), Researcher: dr. J Pečar-Ilić (2007-2013)
- 2017-2018, “Algal cell biophysical properties as markers for environmental stress in aquatic systems”, International Visegrad Fund (Grantee: RBI, Croatia, Leader:N. Ivošević DeNardis; Partners: Universities from Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia); J. Pečar Ilić, researcher (conceptual modeling; methodology/reaction kinetic model; analysis / processing/visualization of amperometric signals)
- 2013-2014, Croatia-France program “Electrotransfer of plasmid DNA in vesicles and cells by application of AFM, electrochemical methods and mathematical modelling” (leaders: N. Ivošević DeNardis, IRB; M.P. Rols, Inst. of Struct. Biol. and Pharmacology, Toulouse, France); J. Pečar Ilić, researcher (conceptual modeling of processes and data; data analysis, processing and visualization)
- 2010-2011, Croatia-Slovenia project “Adhesion of liposomes at electrode” (leaders: N. Ivošević DeNardis, IRB; P. Ziherl, Jožef Stefan Inst., Ljubljana, Slovenia); J. Pečar Ilić, researcher (conceptual modeling of processes and data; data analysis, processing and visualization)
- “DANewBE Data-Digitally Advanced New Cross-Border Exchange of Waterway Data” (2005–2007), INTERREG IIIB CADSES, coordinator via donau - Austrian Waterway Association, participated in investigations as member of “GIS Forum Danube” expert groups (implementation of River Information Services, RIS Directive 2005/44/EC), Croatian activities financed by Croatian Ministry for Sea, Transport and Communication (CMSTC).
- “D4D-Data warehouse for Danube waterway” (2003–2006), INTERREG IIIB CADSES, coordinator via donau - Austrian Waterway Association, participated as member of “GIS Forum Danube” expert groups, activities financed by CMSTC.
- International research programme: “EPDRB, Environmental Programme for the Danube River Basin” (on the basis of the Danube River Protection Convention - DRPC, signed and ratified by Croatia), member of Monitoring, Laboratory and Information Management - MLIM expert group , database administrator for TNMN (participated from 1996 to 2000).
- International Research Project: “Development of a Danube Information System for the International Commission for the Protection of the Danube River (ICPDR)”, financed by UNDP/GEF in the framework of the Danube Pollution Reduction Programme, participated in 1998 and 1999.
Awards and Achievements
- 2005 The best scientific paper in application of GIS, selected by Programme Committee at the EnviroInfo 2005, September 7-9, 2005, Brno and Pečar-Ilić, J. was awarded by ESRI representative (book “Cartographica Extraordinaire”)
- 2001 “Silver medal Josip Lončar” awarded by the FER Faculty Council for a distinguished Ph.D. Thesis from the field of Technical Sciences (Electrical Engineering)
- 2012 - Adjunct Associate Professor, at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing (FER), University of Zagreb.
- 2007-2012 Adjunct Assistant Professor, at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing (FER), University of Zagreb.
- "Databases", graduate study (2nd year according Bologna process) at the University of Zagreb, FER, course supervisors: prof. M. Baranović, prof. Z. Skočir and dr. S. Zakošek, lecturer dr. Jadranka Pečar Ilić, from 2007 to 2010
- "Selected topics from data processing", postgraduate study at the University of Zagreb, FER, course supervisors prof. dr. Z. Skočir, dr. J. Pečar Ilić and dr. M. Banek, from 2006 -present
- "GIS in Oceanography", interdisciplinary postgraduate doctoral study of Oceanography, University of Zagreb, Faculty of Science and RBI, course supervisors dr. J. Pečar Ilić and prof. dr. I. Ružić, from 2006 - present
- "Information Management Systems", international doctoral study Environmetal Management, University of Zagreb, course supervisors dr. J. Pečar Ilić and prof. dr. I. Ružić, from 2005-2008
- "Environmental Information Systems", Postgraduate doctoral study Health and ecological engineering, Faculty of Medicine, University of Rijeka, course supervisors dr. J. Pečar Ilić, prof. dr. I. Ružić, from 2013 - present
Scientific and review papers
Ivošević DeNardis, N., Pečar Ilić, J., Ružić, I., Novosel, N., Mišić Radić, T., Weber, A., Kasum, D., Pavlinska, Z., Balogh, R., Hajdu, B., Marček Chorvátová, A. & Gyurcsik, B. (2019) Algal cell response to laboratory‑induced cadmium stress: a multimethod approach. European biophysics journal, 48 (2), 124-142 doi:10.1007/s00249-019-01347-6.doi
Pillet, F., Dague, E., Pečar Ilić, J., Ružić, I., Rols, M. & Ivošević DeNardis, N. (2019) Changes in nanomechanical properties and adhesion dynamics of algal cells during their growth. Bioelectrochemistry (Amsterdam), 127, 154-162 doi:10.1016/j.bioelechem.2019.02.011.doi
Davila, S., Pečar Ilić, J. & Bešlić, I. (2015) Real-time dissemination of air quality information using data streams and Web technologies: linking air quality to health risks in urban areas. Arhiv za higijenu rada i toksikologiju, 66 (2), 171-180 doi:10.1515/aiht-2015-66-2633.doihrcak.srce.hr
Ivošević DeNardis, N., Pečar Ilić, J., Ružić, I. & Pletikapić, G. (2015) Cell adhesion and spreading at a charged interface: Insight into the mechanism using surface techniques and mathematical modelling. Electrochimica acta, 176, 743-754 doi:10.1016/j.electacta.2015.07.068.doi
Ivošević DeNardis, N., Ružić, I., Pečar- Ilić, J., El Shawish, S. & Ziherl, P. (2012) Reaction kinetics and mechanical models of liposome adhesion at charged interface. Bioelectrochemistry (Amsterdam), 88, 48-56 doi:10.1016/j.bioelechem.2012.05.003.doi
Ružić, I., Pečar-Ilić, J. & Ivošević DeNardis, N. (2010) Mathematical Model for Kinetics of Organic Particle Adhesion at an Electrified Interface. Journal of electroanalytical chemistry, 642 (2), 120-126 doi:10.1016/j.jelechem.2010.02.024.doi
Ružić, I., Ivošević DeNardis, N. & Pečar-Ilić, J. (2009) Kinetics of the liposome adhesion on a mercury electrode: Testing of a mathematical model. International Journal of Electrochemical Science, 4 (6), 787-793.
Ružić, I. & Pečar-Ilić, J. (2006) European Unique Hull Identification Number for Inland Navigation. Promet - Traffic & Transportation, 18 (2), 83-88.
Pečar-Ilić, J. & Ružić, I. (2006) Application of GIS and Web technologies for Danube waterway data management in Croatia. Environmental Modelling & Software, 21 (11), 1562-1571.
Ružić, I. & Pečar-Ilić, J. (2001) The Danube Basin Environmental Quality Information System Development - A Critical Review. Hrvatske vode, Časopis za vodno gospodarstvo, 9 (37), 373-393.
Sekulić, B. & Pečar-Ilić, J. (1997) Climate, Morphological and Ecological Characteristics of the Eastern and Western Coasts of the Adriatic. Tourism, 45 (1-2), 3-12.
Pečar-Ilić, J., Ružić, I. & Skočir, Z. (1997) Information System about Investigations of the Adriatic Sea. Croatica chemica acta, 70 (1), 435-458.
Ružić, I. & Pečar-Ilić, J. (1997) A New Method for Data Analysis in Studies of Trace Metal Complexation. Croatica chemica acta, 70 (1), 229-245.
Conference proceedings papers
Scientific conference proceedings papers
Davila, S., Pečar-Ilić, J., Bešlić, I. & Šega, K. (2013) TOWARDS REAL-TIME AIR QUALITY MONITORING IN THE CITY OF ZAGREB USING STREAM DATABASES AND WEB TECHNOLOGIES. U: Proceedings of the 16th IUAPPA World Clean Air Congress - "Many Nations - One Atmosphere: Plotting the Path to Sustainability".
Davila, S., Bešlić, I., Pečar-Ilić, J. & Šega, K. (2012) ICT activities for Air Quality Monitoring: An example of Network Stations of the City of Zagreb. U: Sustainable Development and Risk Management / August 29 - 31, 2012 / Umweltbundesamt Dessau, Germany Shaker Verlag.
Davila, S., Bešlić, I., Pečar-Ilić, J. & Šega, K. (2011) An automated web-based system for air quality monitoring. U: MIPRO 2011 Computers in technical systems / Bogunović, Nikola ; Ribarić, Slobodan (ur.). - Zagreb : Croatian Society for Information and Communication Technology, Electronics and Microelectronics - MIPRO , 2011. 176-179 (ISBN: 978-953-233-062-5)..
Ružić, I., Pečar-Ilić, J. & Milković, Ž. (2009) Proposal for Extension of CEVNI Classification and Computerized Coding of Signs and Marking for European Waterways. U: Schwetz, A. & Pfliegl, R. (ur.)Proceedings of the 4th International Congress of smart rivers '21 : Workshop B1 : Efficient Operation of Waterway Infrastructure.
Ružić, I. & Pečar-Ilić, J. (2009) Review of Croatian ICT Research Activities on Sharing Environmental Information. U: Jiří Hřebíček et al. (ur.)Proceedings of the European conference TOWARDS eENVIRONMENT, Opportunities of SEIS and SISE: Integrating Environmental Knowledge in Europe..
Ružić, I., Pečar-Ilić, J. & Redly, L. (2008) Extension of Coding CEVNI Signs and Marking for European Waterways. U: Moller, A., Page, B. & Schreiber, M. (ur.)"Environmental Informatics and Industrial Ecology", Proceedings of the 22nd International Conf. EnviroInfo 2008 "Informatics for environmental prorection, sustainable development and risk management".
Ružić, I., Pečar-Ilić, J. & Redly, L. (2007) Coding of object locations on waterways : case study for Danube river in Croatia and Hhungary. U: Jolić, N. (ur.)2. međunarodno znanstveno-stručno savjetovanje "Luke i plovni putovi" : zbornik radova = 2nd International Conference on Ports and Waterways (POWA 2007) "Inland Waterway Transport Interoperability within European Transport System" : Coference Proceedings.
Ružić, I. & Pečar-Ilić, J. (2007) A Method for High Precision Coordinate Transformation in Environmental GIS Applications. U: Hryniewicz, O., Studzinski, J. & Romaniuk, M. (ur.)Proceedings of the 21st Inter. Conf. on Informatics for Environmental Protection-EnviroInfo 2007: "Environmental Informatics and Systems Research", Volume 1.
Beč, S., Pečar-Ilić, J. & Skočir, Z. (2006) Alarm Reporting in River Information System. U: Tochtermann, K. & Scharl, A. (ur.)Managing Environmental Knowledge, Proceedings of the 20th International Conference "Informatics for Environmental Protection".
Pečar-Ilić, J. & Ružić, I. (2005) Application of gis and web technologies for Danube waterway data management in Croatia. U: Hrebicek, J. & Racek, J. (ur.)Proceedings of the 19th International Conference Informatics for Environmental Protection, Networking Environmental Information, I Part.
Ružić, I., Pečar-Ilić, J. & Ereš, Z. (2004) Transformation of the Croatian national navigation chart for the Danube river into wgs-84 compatible systems. U: Kos, T. & Grgić, M. (ur.)46th International Symposium Electronics in Marine (ELMAR-2004) : Proceedings.
Pečar-Ilić, J. & Ružić, I. (2004) Sharing Data among Users through Dynamic Web Applications for the River Information System. U: Minier, P. & Susini, A. (ur.)Proceedings of the 18th International Conference Informatics for Environmental Protection - EnviroInfo 2004, Part II.
Beč, S., Pečar-Ilić, J. & Ružić, I. (2003) Architecture of River Information System with Automatic XML Processing. U: Albrecht Gnauck, R. (ur.)17th Intern. Conference "Informatics for Environmental Protection Cottbus 2003 The Information Society and Enlargement of the European Union", Part 1.
Pečar-Ilić, J. & Ružić, I. (2003) Dynamic and XML-based River Navigation Maps for the Web. U: Jevtić, D. & Mikuc, M. (ur.)Proceedings of the 7th Intern. Conf. on Telecommunications (ConTEL 2003).
Tonković, H., Pečar-Ilić, J., Skočir, Z. & Ružić, I. (2002) Web Application for Analysis of Hydrological Conditions in River Navigation. U: Rožić N., B. (ur.)International Conference on Software, Telecommunications & Computer Networks - SoftCOM 2002.
Beč, S., Pečar-Ilić, J., Skočir, Z. & Ružić, I. (2002) Design of an Object-Relational Database on River Navigation. U: Rožić N., B. (ur.)International Conference on Software, Telecommunications & Computer Networks - SoftCOM 2002.
Pečar-Ilić, J., Skočir, Z. & Ružić, I. (2002) The Concept of Dynamic Temporal and Spatial Data Presentations on the Web. U: Jintong L. (ur.)Proceeding of the International Conference on Telecommunications – ICT 2002, Volume 1 of 3.
Pečar-Ilić, J., Ružić, I. & Skočir, Z. (2002) Object-relational Database as a Data Source for Interactive Dynamic Web Application. U: Pillmann W., T. (ur.)Environmental Communication in the Information Society - Part 2.
Pečar-Ilić, J. & Ružić, I. (2001) Dynamic Web Application for Temporal and Spatial Presentation of Environmental Data. U: Hilty, L. & Gilgen, P. (ur.)Sustainability in the Information Society Part 1. Impact and Applications.
Ružić, I. & Pečar-Ilić, J. (2001) Integration of GIS and Relational Database for the Trans-National Monitoring Network in the Danube River Basin. U: Timmerman, J. (ur.)Proc. of the International Workshop on Information for Sustainable Water Management.
Ružić, I., Hak, N. & Pečar-Ilić, J. (1998) Transnational Monitoring Network in Croatia. U: Gereš, D. & Trninić, D. (ur.)Proceedings of XIX Conference of the Danube Countries on Hydrological Forecasting and Hydrological Bases of Water Management.
Pečar-Ilić, J. & Ružić, I. (1998) Environmental Databases Design. U: Gereš, D. & Trninić, D. (ur.)Proceedings of XIX. Conference of the Danube Countries on Hydrological Forecasting and Hydrological Bases of Water Management.
Ružić, I., Pečar-Ilić, J. & Hak, N. (1998) World Wide Web Pages for the Trans-National Monitoring Network of the Danube River Basin in Croatia. U: Landsberg-Uczciwek, M., Adriaanse, M. & Enderlein, R. (ur.)Proceedings of the International Conference on Management of Transboundary Waters in Europe.
Ružić, I. & Pečar-Ilić, J. (1997) Information Management for the Environmental Programme of the Danube River Basin. U: Otto Hutzigner (ur.)Eco "Informa" 97, Volume 12 - Information and Communication in Environmental and Health Issues.
Pečar-Ilić, J., Ružić, I. & Skočir, Z. (1997) Information System about Investigations of the Adriatic Sea. U: Otto Hutzinger (ur.)Eco "Informa" 97, Volume 12 - Information and Communication in Environmental and Health Issues.
Pečar-Ilić, J. (2001) 'Information system for temporal and spatial presentation of complex data', doktorska disertacija, Fakultet Elektrotehnike i Računarstva (FER), Zagreb.
Pečar-Ilić, J. (1995) 'Information System on the Investigations of the Adratic Sea', magistarski rad, Fakultet elektrotehnike i računarstva, Zagreb.
Membership in professional associations / societies
IEEE (The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, SAD) member - (Croatian section IEEE Region 8)
IEEE Computer Society member
IEEE Communication Society member
IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Society member
"GIS Forum Danube" expert groups (WP1:Data warehouse and WP2:Software tools) for activities inside INTERREG IIIB CADSESprojects: D4D – Data Warehouse for Danube waterway(2003-2006) and DANewBE Data(2005-2007).
RBI coordinator for activities with Croatian Environment Agency.
ISEIS-International Society for Environmental Information Sciences, member
- Environmental Informatics (Enviromatics), Intelligent Transport Systems (Inland Navigation), ICT
- Development of methods and models, as well as specialized information systems for environmental protection, river navigation and river information services.
- Formal specification of complex information systems based on integration of GIS and object-relational databases, using object oriented (OO) approach and standard Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Development of interactive dynamic WebGIS applications and services.
- Married, mother of two children